The French approach to improving your appearance…
As we age we may start to look more tired than we feel; lips and cheeks, in particular, can show the first signs of ageing, losing volume and deflating like a balloon. The French believe this volume loss has more effect on our appearance than the development of wrinkles or lines, and so their approach to enhancing the face is to carefully replace volume in areas it has been depleted – rather than attempting to eradicate lines.
Common treatment areas for dermal fillers
There are a number of different areas on the face that can benefit from the application of dermal fillers.
- Tear Troughs – these are commonly referred to as the ‘dark circles’ under the eyes. Just by plumping the area under the eye and around the cheek, it can add a youthful and bright appearance to the face.
- Cheeks – A cheek augmentation can rejuvenate your whole look. Strategically adding volume to certain areas of the cheeks can reduce dark circles under the eyes, jowls and nasolabial lines.
- Nasolabial Lines – These are the deep lines that form from the base of the nose down to the mouth. By adding dermal filler to the area, this creates plumpness to reduce the appearance of the lines without the need for surgery which can restrict the skin.
- Chin – dermal fillers can be used to enhance the chin area to balance the profile. This eliminates the need for more serious procedures like chin implants.
- Nose – Dermal fillers can be strategically placed in the nose to create a more streamlined look and more attractive profile, without the need for undergoing a full surgical rhinoplasty.
New generation dermal fillers
The product the French doctors use to enhance what they refer to as the “natural beauty” of the face is a “new generation” hyaluronic acid dermal filler. This new dermal filler has been the favourite amongst aesthetic medicine doctors in Europe because it gives a very soft and natural-looking result. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body, so it is hypoallergic and is gradually broken down by the body. Dermal fillers have a wide range of applications, from anti-wrinkle treatments to cheek augmentations.
Dermal fillers can effectively treat medium to deep lines in the face and what’s more, they do not restrict facial movement so that you are left with a natural looking revitalised look. Since they are naturally occurring substances that are broken down by the body, this allows you the opportunity to try various levels of volume and different treatment areas without the seriousness of permanency.
Dermal fillers cost
The cost of dermal fillers can vary depending on the longevity and density of filler. Lips start at $550, while cheek enhancement can require 2 vials of long lasting & dense fillers with prices starting at $770 per vial. A discount applies after 2 vials of any product.